Your Home insurance cover options
Get a fair deal on your home insurance
- Introductory discount of up to 25% off your home insurance when you take out buildings and contents cover together. Minimum premiums apply. Most customers could receive a 23% discount.
- No Claim Discount. No Claim Discount will be applied to your premium dependent upon your claims history. Most customers will receive a 30% discount for 1 or more claim free years, based on new customer data during March 2013.
- Up to 20% lower prices online. The level of reduction you are entitled to will depend on risk features such as type of property and the type of cover chosen. Most customers could receive a 15% reduction. Applies to first year’s premium only.
Buildings insurance - Up to £500,000 rebuilding costs cover as standard
- A choice of excess, which gives you the option to reduce your premium by choosing a higher excess.
- Domestic outbuildings at your home address, including sheds, garages and greenhouses covered as standard.
- Accidental damage to underground pipes, drains and cables covered as standard.
- Property owner’s liability up to £2m plus legal costs.
Contents insurance - belongings are replaced with brand new items
- Four levels of high risk items limits are available to ensure that you have adequate cover for your TVs, personal computers and valuables.
- A choice in the amount you pay towards each claim, with four levels of excess available. The higher the excess you choose the cheaper your premium.
- Optional personal possessions insurance – because keeping things safe away from the home is just as important, you can extend your policy to cover your personal possessions when you're out and about.
Personal possessions - Rest easy knowing you are covered away from home
- Our personal possessions insurance is an optional extra of our contents insurance that offers you a choice of Unspecified or Specified personal possessions covers.
- Unspecified personal possessions includes personal items, laptops, valuables and clothing normally worn or carried outside the home.
- Specified personal possessions covers single items which require higher limits than those provided under Unspecified personal possessions cover.
Legal expenses - £50,000 included as standard
- Managed on our behalf by The Co-operative Legal Services.
- £50,000 included as standard for legal costs incurred for civil disputes arising from personal injury, employment contracts, the purchase or sale of goods, contracts for services and damage, nuisance or trespass to your property.
Home emergency - Just 12p in the first year, reverts to £24 thereafter
- Provided in association with Axa Assistance
- Our HomeRescue Plus cover is available exclusively to customers of The Co-operative Insurance.
- Burst pipes, broken boilers… because no-one can see what’s around the corner, get home emergency cover with HomeRescue Plus.
- 24 hour helpline – just call for a repairer to be sent to your home anytime, day or night.
- Immediate access to a trusted network of approved contractors.
Accidental damage - Protect your possessions against accidents
- Get peace of mind and protect your buildings and contents against those all too frequent accidents, from minor mishaps to major DIY catastrophes.
- Buildings insurance – If you want cover against DIY accidents, such as putting your foot through the loft ceiling then you can extend the cover to include most other types of accidental damage for an additional cost.
- Contents insurance – If you're worried about accidental damage such as spilling red wine or paint on your carpet then you can extend the contents cover to include most types of accidental damage for an additional cost.